I hate to admit it, but I just don’t like spiders. However, Mary Jo and I just got back to our house after being gone a week, and I found a nice spider web. Although I quickly got rid of it (and contemplated where the spider might appear), the web made me think of God’s amazing design. Spider silk is actually stronger than steel of the same diameter. Spider silk is also extremely light. A strand of spider silk long enough to circle the world would weigh just slightly more than a pound! Could you imagine how much the same amount of steel would weigh? What design! We should always remember to thank God for even little, everyday things — including cobwebs!
The blog of the Alpha Omega Institute
Want posts emailed to you?
Just enter your email address below. Feedburner securely takes care of the rest!
Blog Post Tag Cloud
Art Beautiful Beauty Biomimicry Challenge Creation Creation Clubs Current topic DCTI DCTI Road Trip Design Events related Evolution Gene General Apologetics General Thoughts Genesis Studies God's Beauty Items of Thanksgiving Kids' Think and Believe Too! Naturalistic Perspective Needs Prayer requests Products for children Questions Answered Responses to Questions Road Trip Teaching The Biggest Challenges To Evolution Think and Believe Training Institute Worldview
- Joke for the Day: What lays eggs but has milk for the young. It has fur like a mammal, tail like a beaver, a… fb.me/2zHn0tlwh 6 hours ago
- RT @jwarnerwallace: An expert witness knows which questions to anticipate. So should the apologist. buff.ly/1NIQ5a7 6 hours ago
- @Ah_Science …, just castigation and name throwing.Thanks I will use the paper in my logical fallacy class. Have a good evening. in reply to Ah_Science 7 hours ago
- @Ah_Science glad you trust them. A lot of ignoring and philosophy, and don’t see any rebuttals of the arguments presented in the papers… in reply to Ah_Science 7 hours ago
- @Ah_Science You are a quick read. Even the philosophy is refuted.You had better tell the science department at Berkeley.I will read. Thanks. in reply to Ah_Science 7 hours ago