January 27th, 2012
“But couldn’t God have used evolution to make this world and all those different animals?” Or, “Don’t you think God is powerful enough to have used evolution for creating?” These are questions that I have been asked more than once by children and adults alike. My wife Marilyn even asked those questions of her biology teacher in high school. The teacher’s answer was yes. In Marilyn’s teaching years, she also taught that God used evolution to create this world. However, as Marilyn and I began to really study creation and science we realized that evolution was false and actually went against God’s Word. Wouldn’t God have told us about evolution in the Bible if that was the way He had created? In fact, the idea of creation goes totally against the idea of evolution. Let’s look at what the Bible (God’s Word) says and what evolution states.
- Bible: In the beginning God…(eternal God) (Genesis 1:1).
- Evolution: In the beginning some stuff (eternal mass).
- Bible: God is the Creator of everything (Gen. 1).
- Evolution: Processes of chance and accident made everything, starting from the Big Bang.
- Bible: World created in six real days (Gen. 1).
- Evolution: World evolved over billions of years.
- Bible: Earth before sun and stars (Gen. 1:14-19)
- Evolution: Sun and stars before earth.
- Bible: Light before sun (Gen. 1:3-19)
- Evolution: Sun before any light.
- Bible: Oceans before land (Gen. 2:3)
- Evolution: Land before oceans.
- Bible: First life was land plants (Gen. 1:11).
- Evolution: Life began in oceans and marine (sea) critters evolved first.
- Bible: Plants before the sun (Gen. 1:11-19).
- Evolution: Sun before any plants
- Bible: Trees before fish. (Gen. 1:11, 20, 21).
- Evolution: Fish before trees.
- Bible: All stars made on the fourth day (Gen.:16).
- Evolution: Stars evolved at various times.
- Bible: Birds and fish created on the fifth day (Gen. 1:20, 21).
- Evolution: Fish evolved millions of years before birds.
- Bible: Birds before insects (Gen. 1:20-31; Lev. 11).
- Evolution: Insects before birds.
- Bible: Whales before reptiles (Gen. 1:20-31)
- Evolution: Reptiles before whales.
- Bible: Birds before reptiles (Gen. 1:20-31).
- Evolution: Reptiles before birds.
- Bible: Man before rain (Gen. 2:5).
- Evolution: Rain before man.
- Bible: Man before woman (Gen.22:21-22)
- Evolution: Woman before man (genetically).
- Bible: Lots of sea life all at once (Gen. 1:20-21).
- Evolution: Sea life evolved over millions of years from goo.
- Bible: Man’s body from the dust of the earth (Gen. 2:7)
- Evolution: Man evolved from monkeys.
- Bible: Creation is completed (Genesis 2:3).
- Evolution: Creative processes continuing.
- Bible: Man originally a vegetarian (Genesis 1:29).
- Evolution: Man originally a meat eater.
- Bible: God made each animal after its own kind (Genesis 1:1, 12, 21, 24, 25; 1 Corinthians (15:38-39).
- Evolution: Animal changing from one kind to another.
- Bible: Man’s sin the cause of death (Romans 5:12).
- Evolution: Struggle and death existent long before the evolution of man.
These are just some of the differences between the Bible and evolution. We must make a choice, either to believe the Bible or to believe evolution. It is farfetched really to believe in both, for as you can see they do not agree with one another. Historical and scientific evidence supports the Bible as truth, not evolution.
By Lanny and Marilyn Johnson
Originally Published in the November/December 2000 Kids Think and Believe Too.
Please use the Discover Creation search engine - at the top of each page - to look for more detailed articles on things discussed in our "Creation Nuggets."